About Us

Poss (Peter) – 50 year old Poss is originally from Hobart and escaped to Queensland just minutes after finishing his Motor Mechanic apprenticeship.  Will be riding a mini bike because he’s just about a midget!

=======================

Golden Knob (Brendon) – highly regarded as one of the greatest endurance athletes the world has ever seen.  Is returning to his home state and he’s in charge.  He’s our Leader of the Pack.

Sure to lead us into trouble, but that’s nothing new.

riley-thRiley (Dave) – international jetsetter and pensioner, Dave brings to the ride the ability to fix anything, charm everyone and be gracious at all time.

We hate the fucker.

jb-thBirdman (John) – one of the more mature members, we’re mainly taking Birdman along for pensioner discounts and his ability to spin a yarn.

We’ll be taking extra special care of Birdman because, to be frank, we’re scared his wife will kill us if we don’t.

Crazy Mad Doc (Tim) – we’re thrilled to have Tim along as his great-grandfather was the Doctor on the Endeavour that visited Australia something like 4,000 years ago.

As a highly trained doctor himself, he can provide medical care for any severe injuries but usually doesn’t bother – “Mmmmmm, you should see your doctor about that when you get home.”

=======================

Flyboy (Kevin) – did some research on Flyboy and he scares me a little.

“Kevin flew Blackhawk helicopters and became Chief Test Pilot and Flight Lead for all Special Operations with the Australian SAS on Counter-Terrorist Operations. “

I’m not making any jokes about this fucker.  He could kill us all with a knitting needle and 4cm of dental floss.

{ 7 comments }

Alice-Anne May 7, 2009 at 1:18 am

he obviously works out!

Golden Knob May 10, 2009 at 7:24 pm

Dear David’s Mum

Please stop commenting to make him look good.
We all know it’s you!

Alice-Anne May 11, 2009 at 2:27 am

mmm come to mama!

Tzulu November 15, 2010 at 6:35 am

Hi guyz
Just wondering if you have any work as a guide for your bike trips?
I will be moving to Tas mid Jan.
Many thanks
ps…. great website!

Brendon January 5, 2011 at 10:26 pm

Hi Tzulu

Thanks for the comment. Mate, we’re just a bunch of mates who do a trip or 2 together. Did South Island of NZ a few months back and heading over to do the North Island in March 2011.

Contact Ian at http://www.motoadventure.com.au re any possible work as a trip guide with him.

Cheers

Brendon

Ralph January 24, 2011 at 6:30 pm

Hi Brendon,
found your webb site by accident while doing some research for a trip to Tassie with a couple of mates in March / April.
Found your information extremely imformative and interesting!
I have done a quick trip around Tassie last year when I flew over to pick up a bike from Richardsons Harley, and no! It wasn’t a Harley as such but a ‘real’ motorcycle called a’ Buell’. I did a quick trip around the island in three days from Lauceston to Scottsdale, St Helens, St. Mary’s and the Elephants pass, down to Bicheno, into the Freycinet National Park, following the coast down to Hobart but only touching on the perimeter of the city and then up to the Derwent Bridge, over to Queenstown, which I rode into just as the sun was setting, skirted around the township looking for accomidation and found that the place really just reminded me of something out of that movie ‘Deliverance” and decided to high tale to Strahan for the night. From there the next morning it was over to Cradle mountain for a quick look, back into Launceston and up to Devenport to get the ferry back to the mainland for the ride home back to Adelaide! All up 2000 ks! What A blast! And it certainly wet my appetite to head back for a better look! Loved every minute of it, the roads were challenging, the road kill ‘fresh’ ( you can take that in both ways! ) and the weather far better than I expected! I was blessed that I was only spat on on occassions and it was well into April when I was there ( just left Tassie on Good Friday ) It was a tough trip on my own, on a new bike, and I really didn’t get to spend much time out of the saddle, but the memories are there for ever! Just thought I’d share that with you! Cheers!

Brendon March 8, 2012 at 8:51 am

Great trip Ralph. Just reading it makes me wish I was back there.

Comments on this entry are closed.